Re: ASR for no apparent reason

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

ASR for no apparent reason

3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

We had some 80 or so 7000s that were ASRing for no apparent reason. Look and see if the boxes are doing this on a regular basis. Ours would ASR every 49 days and some odd hours. We eventually performed a set of upgrades that cleared most of the problems. Upgrades like service packs, SSD, Rompaq and the like.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hello, looks like there's no solution or no attention from Compaq. I believe it's definitely a hardware issue. I'm running W2K AS in DL580 with 2x700MHz processors and 8x128MB DIMM 10ns. I'm also experiencing a frequent ASR at least once in 2 days, sometimes more often. No BSOD, no errors in event viewer logs. The ROMpaq is updated, all CIM agents are updated and running and they didn't report any errors either. So what's up Compaq???
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Gents, I have experienced the same problem. 4 x Dual 700MHz 1MB cache DL580's running 2 x W2K MS Clusters. 2 internal 36GB drives each, mirrored with FC connection (Emulex LP8000) to external MA8000 system (FC-SW). ACS8.6-4.
I have 2 seperate servers (1 in each cluster) ASR'ing with no BSOD. Same symptoms. All systems and options Rompaq's as well as SP's loaded...
Just about everything that should be checked has been. I fully agree that this is a 'hardware' issue linked to an 'ASR' bug. Strangely enough the servers run 100% when the ASR feature is disabled.