1751735 Members
5511 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ASR

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

ASR

We have a ML350 running Unixware 7.1.1 the Problem is every 36Hrs the server Locks up. ASR kicks in. We have no idea what is causing this problem. Any one seen this before? Where should we start looking?

Thanks

Dunc
5 REPLIES 5
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: ASR

We have a Proliant ML370 (Generation 2) experiencing the same problem. Ours locks up every 37 hours. We've had this problem since initial load in October 2001. We had the Australasian SCO Unixware distributor do the initial load. We asked them to load the loaded ROMPAQs, management agents, etc. Until now, we thought it might have been a rogue process running on top of Unixware. The only apps we are running are a Pick System Univision Database and an application developed in SB Plus.
Have you solved your problem and if so how?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Sorry but no we haven't, We put some more memory in the box to see if it was a memory leak - no difference, so still have no idea.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

We reloaded our ML370G2 from scratch with Unixware 7.1.1 plus the 7.1.1 maintenance patch using the Smart Start CD process. We chose not to reload the compaq foundation agents or management agents. So far everything is fine and stable. We'll load the foundation agents and management agents in a few weeks if everything else remains stable.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Sounds like a big step forward - I will await your results........

Duncan
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Although we are not having the problem you are on UW7.1.1 we are seeing several situations on the Openserver systems with EFS 5.46 where servers are doing ASRs for no apparent reason (fortunately the ones I have had are happening in idle times on weekends and evenings). I suppose I should create a new incident for my issue, but possibly there is a relationship between our situations.
FYI. I am told that our UW installations running OpenUnix 8.0 have cleaned up many problems we faced with 7.1.1. You may want to check this out. We have a rather large, complex installation (for us) on 8.0 and it has been running smoothly.