1748095 Members
5759 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ATA RAID e-mail alerts

Petter J├╢nsson

ATA RAID e-mail alerts

Hello,

One of our customers has a ProLiant ML310 server with ATA RAID 1 (Ami MegaRAID) running Windows NT4 Server.
Is there any software available that can send me an e-mail if one disk fail? A bonus would be if it could send something like a health report for the disks about once a week. Going there every day to check on the disks is just not an option.
2 REPLIES 2
Todd Hayward_1
Occasional Advisor

AMI had a managment application for thier SCSI based controllers, not sure about the IDE based ones. Oh, wait. I know there is one for the IDE ... I have an ATA100 Raid card for an IBM eServer xSeries 300, and it has a little managment applet. I havent looked at it in a long time because the server has been powered off.

Now, it will do email alerts (nothing fancy), but your weekly health report isnt realistic.

The utility came on the CD with the card. If you have the CD that came with yours, it should be on there.

Why didnt you leverage the onboard SATA Raid controller? This would be supported by the PSP an insight agents ...

Hope that helps,

- LC
Petter J├╢nsson

It's a generation 1 server so it doesn't have SATA. For the moment I guess they will have to learn how to check it manually.