1753511 Members
5342 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ATI All-in-Wonder 128 (32 MB PCI) and on-board ATI Rage IIC

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

ATI All-in-Wonder 128 (32 MB PCI) and on-board ATI Rage IIC

I purchased a new ATI All-in-Wonder 128 video card for my Proliant 3000R server because I needed more resolution than the on-board ATI Rage IIC provided.

I powered down the server and disabled the on-board video (Switchbank 2, Switch 1: enabled) and installed the card, but the server wouldn't POST after installing the card. I removed the card (even with on-board video disabled), and it POSTed.

So I tried the card in another computer, a ProSignia 300, and it worked fine. So I cleared the NVRAM (Switchbank 2, Switch 6: enabled) and started over, but that didn't work. The server wouldn't POST after installing the new video card.

I have SmartStart 4.9 and the system BIOS is up--to-date (unless there's some SoftPAQ I haven't been able to find).

Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Onward!

-Kirk-
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: ATI All-in-Wonder 128 (32 MB PCI) and on-board ATI Rage IIC

I have tried basically the sam eprocedure you have tried and I received the same results. Have you ever found an answer on how to do this. I bought an ATI rage Xpert (PCI) 16 MB as I needed better video and I also cannot install the video card.

If anyone has an idea out there I would appreciate your reply.

Thanks.

Pseudozine of Pseudomind
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Here is a Compaq link which shows that there was this same problem with some of the Compaq Preasario models Series 57XX and 58XX. I am guessing this issue was never addressed with the Proliant server family as most graphics are not checked on servers and graphics were not to where they are at today. I would still like it if Compaq would address this issue as you and I are probably not the only ones who would like to have a graphics update on their server. I am not trying to do fancy graphics, but I would just like to have higher resolution with more colors availabe.

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp11501-12000/SP11738.txt

Pseudominded
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Here is a Compaq link which shows that there was this same problem with some of the Compaq Preasario models Series 57XX and 58XX. I am guessing this issue was never addressed with the Proliant server family as most graphics are not checked on servers and graphics were not to where they are at today. I would still like it if Compaq would address this issue as you and I are probably not the only ones who would like to have a graphics update on their server. I am not trying to do fancy graphics, but I would just like to have higher resolution with more colors availabe.
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp11501-12000/SP11738.txt

Pseudominded