1753516 Members
5228 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ATI Rage error - unable to map required

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

ATI Rage error - unable to map required

We have several Compaq Proliant DL380s. Every system that I install Windows 2000 on, I consistently get the following error in the System event log: Source - ATIRage, Event ID 2
Unable to map required address ranges for graphics card.
The display is not affected, but it is an annoying error.

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

DL580 also affected, Win2k, Sp2, atirage driver.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

This will happen on any Proliant Server with a Remote Insight Lights Out Edition Board installed and Windows 2000. There is no known fix for this yet. On some servers the embedded video can be disabled and may get rid of this, but it will not necessarily work on every Proliant.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

The Problem does not occur on DL380G2 with Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP2. We have it only on DL380G1 with the same OS. Can we expect any fix for this?
Chris Isaksen
Occasional Advisor

It also shows up on:
Proliant ML570's both rack mount and free standing and Proliant 6000's.
Jens Baumann_2
Frequent Advisor

As was said, this only happens if you have a remote insight board in the server (then there are two ATI graphics chips - one from the server itself and one on the remote insight board). Windows "sees" both graphics chips and tries to load drivers for both of them, which causes the error messages. Solution to avoid these messages is to go into the Windows device manager and disable the ATI graphics adapter showing the "error" symbol.

G2 and G3 servers do not show this behaviour.
system ya
Occasional Advisor

I have a similar problem, it started when I installed a new product (Tivoli remote control 3.8.1). And after 7 hours I got the event of atirage (â unable to map required address range for graphics cardâ ) and then my server crashed.
Could this case might happened because the Tivoli remote control tried to use the ATI driver of the insight card that wasnâ t loaded succes