ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752477 Members
5668 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Abend on on NW6 Proliant 6000 server running process: CPQNCSA.NLM Deadlock detected....

Abend on on NW6 Proliant 6000 server running process: CPQNCSA.NLM Deadlock detected....

Hi,

Since I have configured a NW6 SP2 Proliant 6000 with CQANS for load balancing, Abends occur (2/week) with the following message:

Abnormal Program Termination (Abend: Deadlock detected waiting for spinlock
Running Process: CPQNCSA.NLM 2 EIP: 105022h)

I have the same problem with PSPNW 6.0, 6.1, 6.2...

Initially, I had the problem with a NIC 3131. I changed the card to a NIC 3134 but the abends continue.

Does somebody have an idea about what to do?

Thanks in advance for help

Regards

Philippe
2 REPLIES 2
Robert W. Eastman Jr._2
Frequent Advisor

Re: Abend on on NW6 Proliant 6000 server running process: CPQNCSA.NLM Deadlock detected....

This is happening on a frequent basis to all of our ML530's. It happened with version 6.0, 6.1 and 6.2 of CPQDPLY. I have been unable to figure this one out as of yet.

If anyone else has any other information please let me know.
Dream On Alice This Ain't Wonderland
(NTFS) No Time For Stupidity
Claude Beaudry

Hi,

The module CPQNCSA.NLM is the NIC agent for Compaq Insight Manager and is not necessarily required, unless you want to use Insight Manager and get your NIC card info etc.

We have similar problems with different versions of this module on ML370 NW5.1 SP3 and SP5 servers also running CPQANS for load balancing and we decided to unload the module or remove the line from the file CPQSNMP.NCF that loads these insight manager modules to avoid High CPU utilization that lead to errors as you mention and servers abends.

I have not found a real solution yet that would fix this for us and since Insight Manager software does not play any big role on our servers, we decided to remove troublesome agents or simply not use this software on our servers.

Regards

Claude