ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753805 Members
7604 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: About SCSI cable for DL servers and smart array

About SCSI cable for DL servers and smart array

we buy a dl380 servers with smart array, but the server and smart array came without the scsi cable, somebody now if this cable we have to bye
6 REPLIES 6
Martin Forster_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi
i think you onley have to unplug the SCSI Cable between motherboard and Drivecage, and plug it onto the SMART ARRAY.

Regards.

the cable is very short and can not plug into the smart array conector
Peter Godron
Honored Contributor

Manuel,
all of our scsi cables have part numbers on either the cable itself or the plugs at the end.
Have a look on the HP website for the part number and you probably find a longer alternative on the same page.
Site HTML:
http://h20141.www2.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Multi_Product.asp?mscssid=VUJSXPU40B8H9HCJF2F7WTVGF0J615M7&SearchCriteria=SCSI~CABLE

Regards
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Manuel Open box completely and see small plastic wrap between drives, find where is Terminator, you should have SCSI Cable included if it Generation G2 or G3 ( if G4 you might be able to find only Cable depend from Server configuration) you should have long 68-pin SCSI cable

ok previously server that we ordered came whith the long cable in the box with the smart start disk and AC cables, but the new server that we order come whithout the long cable and i want to know, if i have to order because in the configurator not mention nothing
Thanks
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Cable that you need
166298-038 many resellers have it search trough google
see at ebay . com item 5751601276