6377 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Adaptec 29160i

SOLVED
Go to solution
w. e. reisinger_1

Adaptec 29160i

We inherited 2 of these controllers, but are not able to get into any sort of set-up at boot time; HDD├В┬┤s connected are recognized by the operating system, though. Looking at the cards raises the suspicion that it may not even have a bios, but this info is not available from the part# or Adaptec site. Could anybody enlighten us?
Thank you, we
6 REPLIES 6
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello WE,
Something is not workig right. Please go to www.adaptec.com and in the search field type 29160 which gives the link for Installation guide as well as BIOS for the controller.
Sorry for the inconvenience,

w. e. reisinger_1

realizing that new members automatically get moron status and a dunce cap, i still would not have bothered such an illustrious forum to get information on a 29160.

"this info is not available from the part# or Adaptec site" refers to an ASC-29160i as indicated in the subject of the question.

the controller has a compaq part#, but at present i can├В┬┤t get at it since i am 250 miles and 2 countries away.

best regards, w
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor
Solution

If this is a Proliant SCSI HBA, there is no option for accessing the BIOS in the controller card itself. So in order to get specifications, you will need the HP/Compaq part number of the card.
w. e. reisinger_1

The part# is
324710-001
(ASC-29160i /HPQ)

@Terri Harris:
if there is indeed no bios, would you know of an indirect way of setting up the controller(I seem to remember a *.cfg file for a 2940 and a floppy for an on-board 7880 on an intel server board)?