New Discussion

Re: Adapter PCIe for M.2 discs. ML110 G9

SOLVED
Go to solution
Robertomcat
Regular Advisor

Adapter PCIe for M.2 discs. ML110 G9

HPE ML110 G9

Hi, I was looking for an adapter for M.2 discs. I have been looking at the specifications of this server, but I can not find any reference to an adapter for this type of disc.

Any of you are using this type of discs with some adapter from third party companies? I also wanted to ask if you can use NVMe disks.

Thank you very much!

8 REPLIES 8
Chandra_S
HPE Pro

I have checked the latest quick spec of ML110 Gen9 for M.2 drive support. But as per Quick Spec M.2 drives are not listed for ML110 Gen9.

I am an HPE Engineer.

Accept or Kudo

Robertomcat
Regular Advisor

Wow, how weird, because these screenshots I have taken from the documentation of this server, and it is specifically for this type of solid disks. Thank you!

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@Robertomcat wrote:

Wow, how weird, because these screenshots I have taken from the documentation of this server, and it is specifically for this type of solid disks. Thank you!

I just glancedthrough the HP ProLiant ML110 Gen9 Server Maintenance and Service Guide and don't see the images you show above.. What document are you looking at?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Robertomcat
Regular Advisor

@Jimmy Vance wrote:

@Robertomcat wrote:

I just glancedthrough the HP ProLiant ML110 Gen9 Server Maintenance and Service Guide and don't see the images you show above.. What document are you looking at?

It's in the user guide, on page 49. Forgive me, it's not the maintenance guide.

https://www.google.com/search?q=user+guide+ml110+g9&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro
Solution

It appears at some point these devices were removed from the quickspec as they went obsolete. 
According to this document on page 4 there were several m.2 enablement kits available for ML/DL Gen9
https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04154378.pdf

Another document states that they are only supported using the embedded SATA controller

Read Intensive Solid State M.2 Enablement Kit
NOTE: These drives are supported by ProLiant ML/DL Gen9 Servers.
HPE 340GB Read Intensive-2 Solid State M.2 Enablement Kit for ProLiant ML/DL Servers 835563-B21
HPE Dual 340GB Read Intensive-2 Solid State M.2 Enablement Kit for ProLiant ML/DL Servers 835565-B21
HP 120GB Value Endurance Solid State M.2 Enablement Kit for ProLiant ML/DL Servers 788028-B21
HP Dual 120GB Value Endurance Solid State M.2 Enablement Kit for ProLiant ML/DL Servers 777894-B21

searching on the 120GB kit you can find images that show the PCIe card and cables.  I wasn't able to find a valid image for the 340GB kit.

There is also the HPE Universal SATA HHHL 3 Years Wty M.2 Kit (878783-B21) listed with some other Gen9 servers but I'm not sure if this is just  the PCIe board and cables or what is included.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Robertomcat
Regular Advisor

@Jimmy Vance wrote:
There is also the HPE Universal SATA HHHL 3 Years Wty M.2 Kit (878783-B21) listed with some other Gen9 servers but I'm not sure if this is just  the PCIe board and cables or what is included.

Thank you very much. In that case I will continue using the traditional solid discs. I will mark your answer as valid.

qq98518

this Adapter PCIe for M.2(nvme protocol) discs. canbe used in HP ML110 G9
I'm using it, perfect

only support UEFI booting ,because I can‘t  download new BIOS package,

https://item.jd.com/63259398794.html

Robertomcat
Regular Advisor

Hi, thanks for answering. Some time ago I added one that was originally from HP, but the general fan was speeding up and was always at 20%, when it is at 7% as usual. So I returned the product.