7568 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Add Secondary smart array on ML 350 g6 to add a second Bay drive

lightwave22
Occasional Visitor

Add Secondary smart array on ML 350 g6 to add a second Bay drive

Hello,

We are triing to add a second bay drive on a ML 350 g6. There is a Smart arry P410i on board and we are triing to add a second P410 on a pci slot to have the extra SAS.

the bios as been update

the array as been update 

And when we are looking in the bios the new P410 is detected, but not in the smart arry bios.

Please those any body can help us?

tahnk you

2 REPLIES 2
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

While during POST when the Smart Array P410 controller initializes, there would be a prompt displayed to enter its ORCA (Option ROM Configuration for Arrays) by pressing the F8 key, press the F8 key and enter it to configure RAID levels and logical drives. 

The above will not be found in the Smart Array P410i controller's ORCA.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

_Sully_

Here is the problem from the start.

Server was shutdown and Smart Array P410 was installed along with 8 slot drive bay with 4x 1tb drives installed.

Upon first startup of the server after installation of the P410, during POST the onboard Smart Array P410i initialized immediately followed by the Smart Array P410 reporting that it was initializing.

After several minutes, the P410 reported that it had failed to initialize, the system continued POST and booted up normally.

The new drives are not visible with in the VMWare OS.

Upon subsequent reboots of the server, the Smart Array P410 does not appear during POST, therefore the option to press F8 to enter ORCA is never available.

Tried switching which slot the Smart Array P410 was plugged in to, had no effect.  Still would not see the P410 during POST.

Going into the BIOS, a RAID Controller is dectect as being plugged into the corresponding slot.

Server BIOS was updated from 2009 to August 2013.  This had no effect on being able to see the Smart Array P410 during POST.

Any other suggestions for trouble shooting would be appreciated. Or a way to confirm if the Smart Array P410 controller card is still good or has failed.

Thanks.