cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add disks

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Add disks

I have 2 disk with RAID 1. I need more space. Can I put 2 other disk in RAID 1 without lost of data ?. Can I put the 4 disk in RAID 5 without reinstalling everything ?. Thank You
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Add disks

This configuration includes 4 x 36.4 GB 1" hard drives installed into the internal drive cage and 2 x 36.4 GB internal non-hot plug hard drives installed into the removable media bays. The brackets required to install these drives are included with the bezel blanks that come with the server.

Is this is a hardware raid that you are talking and its off the same array controller yes it should be possible to had to drive (6 hard drive are within the limits and you can go with to logical drive with the ACU). But its unclear if you are using the hot plug cage model or the non hot plug model?
Highlighted
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Add disks

Yes, I know how many fisical drivers I can put in. My questions is if I can add this disks to the original RAID 1 without lost of the data and if it is posible to change from RAID 1 to RAID 5 without backing up the data and then restoring ti.