ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addendum to stupid questions - to clarify some points.

Mike Percival
Frequent Advisor

Addendum to stupid questions - to clarify some points.

The reason I ask if it will boot from IDE hard disk, is that I have downloaded all the drivers, utilities etc I can find from the website, but my CD burner has decided to quit on me. I have copies of the drivers and stuff on a DOS partition on a spare hard drive, so If I can access this drive on the IDE interface, I can set this beast up without having to mess around with floppy disks.

In case you were wondering as to the legality of storing MP3's etc on this server, I have spent the last 2 years copying my extensive vinyl record collection to MP3. In my living room, I have a Mini-ITX pc hooked up into my TV and stereo system, sort of like a set top box. My kids also have one of these each in their bedrooms. I want to put a large fileserver in the garage and just pull off media as required, because at the moment, everyone has music on individual hard disks and we are having to peer-to-peer network if the files we wish to lsiten to aren't on the local machine. These ITX boxes are very capable players, but are useless at streaming data to another machine while trying to play back a local file at the same time.