cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding 2nd P400 controller in ProLiant ML370 G5

mmcclure
Occasional Contributor

Adding 2nd P400 controller in ProLiant ML370 G5

As stated i have a ProLiant ML370 G5 that needed additional disk space, I had to purchase a second P400 controller and drive cage.  After installing the parts and disks, I booted to the Array Conifguration Utility and created an array on the new disks.  After booting into Windows (it is 2008 64 bit), installing drivers for the controllers fails.  If I try to install driver from Device Manager I get the error "The requested device regitsry key does not exist."  This was installing the latest avilable driver (http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=1156881&swItemId=MTX_88ab78f337f744edbd3f16a4cd&swEnvOid=4024).  If i try to run cpqsetup.exe from the extracted download I get:

The installation procedure did not complete successfully. An error occurred during the setup process.

You may look at the setup log file for more details if desired.

Additional Information:
Installation failed on at least one device. One of the devices may have been deleted through Device Manager and a reboot may be necessary to complete the driver installation for this device.

Press the 'Close' button to exit Setup.

Rebooting doesn't change anything.  The log referenced contains the same text.  Process Monitor suggests the installer is trying to read HKLM\software\Policies\microsoft\windows\DeviceInstall\Settings and cannot, the DeviceInstall key does not exist.  I'm assuming it's related to either the driver and/or because there are two controllers, but I'm at a loss what to try next.

Thanks,
Matt