1753767 Members
5383 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Adding HD to DL360's

Spd

Adding HD to DL360's

I just purchased two additional 300 gig HD's for my DL360's. Is there anything special that I need to do to install them? How do I provision the HD space to the drives I want to? Can I just plug it in and will it work?
2 REPLIES 2
cnb
Honored Contributor

Re: Adding HD to DL360's

Are you adding them to an existing volume or do you want to add another new volume. If you're adding them into an existing volume, then what o/s or raid h/w are you running?
Marco Wessel
Valued Contributor

Re: Adding HD to DL360's

Depends. What version of the server? How many drives already in there if it's a SAS model (G5 or newer)?

Since you say 'additional', and the older model DL360s could only take two drives, I'm going to assume you have a G5 model. If there are less two or less drives in there already, simply insert the new drives into two of the lower slots on the machine. Then, using the HP Array Configuration Utility for whatever OS you're using, add these two drives to a Logical Drive. This will then show up as a hard drive in your OS.

(The above also applies to the older DL360s with only two drives. You must make a Logical Drive out of even a single drive for the drive to show up in the OS.)

If there are four drives in your machine already and you're using a P400(i) SmartArray, also get a SAS cable to connect them (p/n 399546-B21), otherwise the bays will not be connected to the card. I believe this is not necessary if your machine has a P600. If it has an E200 this file: http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12476_na/12476_na.pdf is making me believe you must upgrade to a P400, though I have E200s that support 8 drives just fine...