1748169 Members
3929 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Adding Ultra 320

Mangin_1
Occasional Advisor

Adding Ultra 320

I have a Proliant ML370 G2 with windows small business server,with three drives already installed. I'd like to add some 3 Ultra 320.
What is the procedure to add these 3 drives and to include them in Windows ?
Is there some help files I can find ...

Thnaks
Patrick Mangin
3 REPLIES 3
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Re: Adding Ultra 320

This should be the same procedure used for Ultra3 drives. Do you have an array controller installed. If not then all you should have to do is bring the machine down, put the drives in and bring the machine back up. If you do have an array controller installed, then add the drives, run the array configuration utility, create a new array, or expand the existing one, then create a new logical drive.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
e4services
Honored Contributor

Adding the three drives is as above, no problem. And Ultra320 drives or not should not be an issue. You need to read up on procedures for you disk contoller
http://h71025.www7.hp.com/support/reference_library/viewdocument.asp?countrycode=1000&prodid=526&source=11668.xml&dt=264&docid=16022
But your question about "include them in Windows" could have numberous meanings. The drives will create added disk space differently depending on their installed controller. I assume there is a Smart Array in your case since you speak of 3 drives. You can create a new RAID5 with the 3 drives OR add capacity to the existing array. Create a new logical drive (drive letter) or try and expand one of the logical drives. THe above REference Guide should help and let us know if you need anything else
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Mangin_1
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your help.

I will try to do this and let you know the result.
Patrick Mangin