108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Adding a 2nd CPU to a 1600R - HELP!

SOLVED
Go to solution
FrankP_1

Adding a 2nd CPU to a 1600R - HELP!

Hi
I just purchased a couple of used Proliant 1600R servers. I took the PII 450 CPU & voltage modulator from one and added it to the other machine. That all went fine. I tested both CPU???s individually and they are both good. When I light up the box it initializes both CPU???s just fine but I get the following error after initialization:

178-Processor Configuration Invalid.

I have used all 3 of my brain cells and I just can???t get past this point. I am also in need of the command to get into the Bios during post. Tried a few things that I know as well as some of the info I have read in the forum but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Mark Williams_6
Solution

You will Need to SmartStart CD to install the BIOS on the system partition on you hard drive... Also the cd will let you get into the bios and also create the system partition...

mark
FrankP_1

Thanks Mark??????????????? Ok, now I don???t have the SmartStart CD so after searching the net as well as the Compaq site it looks like I would need to purchase this to get this machine running. I don???t suppose there is another way???????? I don???t mind buying the CD but I wanted to get this server running before I grow old. Is there somewhere the CD could be downloaded?

Thanks again
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Look here http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/20_1126.html maybe you'll be able to find what you need
Eugeny
FrankP_1

Ok????????? Making progress here. I have located several different SmartStart CD???s. Now hopefully my last question. Which version do I get? Will the latest 5.x versions work or do I need to find older versions?

Thanks
Frank Kaufman
Honored Contributor

You can use even the latest 5.x SmartStart CD, it will work fine. They do include these earlier models.

I just set up a number of ProLiant 3000-s (big brother of the 1600) using SmertStart 5.3