New Discussion юеВ

Re: Adding an ERM to R5500 XR

SOLVED
Go to solution
James Ackerly
Occasional Contributor

Adding an ERM to R5500 XR

HI All,

I have just added an ERM to an R5500 XR. We had the batteries charged by a 3rd party company before installation so it should be right to go.

I have logged into power manager 4.2 (Build 5) but our runtime has not increased at all.

I have noticed that the 3000 series of UPS' required an ERM configurator. Is there something similar for the R5500 XR?

Or do I need to do a battery test or something so the UPS recognises the ERM?

Regards,

James
5 REPLIES 5
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi james the ERM configurator is standar for all UPS

look for
ERM configurator once you find it follow instructions to let your UPS know that you have added an ERM module and that will increase the runtime

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/power-protection/software/hard-firmware.html

regards

Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Gary Antonio Benavides
Trusted Contributor
Solution

With Old UPSs 3000 and down you needed the ERM Configure Software Software that you can download from the link provided by Karlo, with R5500 you manage it from the front panel. The Extended Runtime Module is just an additional battery to increase the battery.

To configure teh UPS for the number of connected ERMs, press the On button to advanced the cursor to the load LED associated with the number of ERMs attached to the UPS.
Press the Standby button to select the appropiate ERM Configuration. The associated LED illuminates solid green.
To save the configuration settings and exit configuration mode, press the Test/Alarm Reset button.

Check the HP UPS R5500 User Guide (Page 24 / 29 For configuration)
http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00065453/c00065453.pdf
If it's not fun, you're not doing it right
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

mmm

thanks Gary
I was totally wrong
now I see ERM only works with:
T1000 XR, R1500 XR, T1500 XR, T2200 XR, and R3000 XR.

so which Gary pointed out is correct

Bye.

Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
James Ackerly
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Gary.

I have followed the instructions outlined in the whitepaper and it worked well.

Thanks for your help.

James
James Ackerly
Occasional Contributor

Closed