1752801 Members
5764 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Advice on Installing Drivers from HP SPP onto W2K12 R2

Vague Assumption
Frequent Advisor

Advice on Installing Drivers from HP SPP onto W2K12 R2

I'm having very uneven results with the HP SPP.  I downloaded it, and located the file that installs the Smart Storage Administrator (that replaces the HP Array Configuration Utility).   It works well.

I had less luck with the HP Management Home Page.  On a DL360G5, it can't connect to the onboard management controller.  It claims it isn't there, but the server must have one because the other ten DL360G5's I run do have them and they the servers into Insight Manager very nicely.

How can I run the HP SPP so that it installs all the drivers I need at one fell swoop?  Not firmware, mind you, just the drivers for hte HP Utilities, such as Insight Manager and Version Control Utility, etc. etc.

Is there a list of which drivers are in which files?

3 REPLIES 3
Vague Assumption
Frequent Advisor

Has anybody done this?

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Consider to run HP SUM (2015.04) on localhost or from remote and connect to the server in question. This will generate a list of possible matching firmware and drivers. You may also select "software only" or "firmware only".

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Vague Assumption
Frequent Advisor

By luck, I discovered a way to attain what I wanted:  the HP tools on a newly installed W2K12 server --

If you want to install the firmware, simply boot from the DVD containing HP SPP

If you want to install the HP tools, boot the OS, insert the DVD, and run d:\hp\swpackages\hpsum.bat.  That will provide a list of about twenty utilities to install.

Thank you,

Bob H.