ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752579 Members
4707 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

After you upgrade to Windows Server 2003 R2 on a Hewlett-Packard server, the IPMI driver is not reco

Mikael Winther
Advisor

After you upgrade to Windows Server 2003 R2 on a Hewlett-Packard server, the IPMI driver is not reco

After you upgrade to Windows Server 2003 R2 on a Hewlett-Packard server, the IPMI driver is not recognized.
SYMPTOMS:
You upgrade the operating system on a Hewlett-Packard (HP) server to Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2. After you do this, the Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) driver is not recognized on the HP server.
CAUSE:
This problem occurs on HP servers that have the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) enabled. The ACPI specification defines a resource, but does not define the format of the resource. Microsoft uses two I/O port or memory resources for the Microsoft IPMI driver. Each resource is one byte long. However, Hewlett-Packard uses a single I/O port resort that is two bytes long.

Will there be any fix anytime soon for this issue?

Sincerely
Mikael Jensen
mij@pcs.dk
Life sucks, but it sure beats the alternative.
3 REPLIES 3
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Re: After you upgrade to Windows Server 2003 R2 on a Hewlett-Packard server, the IPMI driver is not reco

how about driver for the same like
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/19692.html

which server model we are refering to where are we getting this error.

If we remove system components then restart then check.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Mikael Winther
Advisor

Re: After you upgrade to Windows Server 2003 R2 on a Hewlett-Packard server, the IPMI driver is not reco

It is on several different servers, DL380, DL530, DL570 etc.
After installation of the disc two of Server 2003 R2 (disk one is for 99% a Server 2003 SP1).
Then the IPMI is an unknown device, the driver will not validate the device.
(for the above reason, of one i/o port vs. two i/o ports)

Anybody know if there is a fix for this,
or one in the works?
Mikael Winther
Advisor

I know this is not a critical error,
but does anyone know anything about this?
Error is still there if device is removed in device manager, and a rescan initiated.

Sincerely

Mikael Jensen