HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amber Light on Motherboard

SOLVED
Go to solution
phillheth
Occasional Visitor

Amber Light on Motherboard

Hi there,

I have recently acquired a Proliant ML350 G6,

I have a flashing amber light on the front panel, and a steady amber light on the motherboard.

ive tried to find out what this amber light is, but the manual for the board doesnt seem to show the LED that is lit.

the LED is next to the end dimm slot towards the IO panel end of the board.

the system recognises all the ram and seems to run fine (well not quite, but i'll come to that in a minute), ive tried swapping dimms around or removing the offending one but i still get the same amber light. can anyone please tell me what this LED is??

the other problem i have is that I occasionally get a BSOD with the error DPC Watchdog Violation. FYI im running  win10 pro.

I had hoped to update the bios. but it seems i cant have the most recent rom as i dont have a support package ot something.

for the record, im just a gamer who's built a system on the cheap. is there now way we can have the roms? obviously i accept full responsibility if the worst happens.

thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

4 REPLIES

Re: Amber Light on Motherboard

Hi,

Could you attach a picture of the led on the motherboard.

Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
I am HPE Employee

If this helps you with your issue, please click the thumb to register a Kudo.
If it resolves the issue, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution.
The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.
phillheth
Occasional Visitor

Sure can, thanks

Solution

Hi,

Need to change the mainboard. if problem persist, replace Power supply Backplane board.

Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
I am HPE Employee

If this helps you with your issue, please click the thumb to register a Kudo.
If it resolves the issue, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution.
The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.
phillheth
Occasional Visitor

ahh, thats a shame. thanks for your help.