6850 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Amber light on ML 330 G3

Ken wanderer
Trusted Contributor

Amber light on ML 330 G3

Hello,
I have an amber light on a ml330 G3 server.
It is the right most light on the front of the box. In looking into this, it states the system is in standby mode....?
After opening the case and looking at the label on the case side it not possible PPM failure. Anyone have any help in this area?
Am looking for articles on PPM and reason the lights are not all green. System runs fine and all hardware is working. Device manage shows all systems are good, so unknown why the amber kight. The left light was red and I went into services and stopped remote connection manager and for whatever reason that light went off.
I don't know why I looked in there but it worked or may just be a coincedence.
I am looking for an articel as to what PPM is and only am finding ones that relate to parts per million which is not the acronym I need.
Thanks
Ken
Work Smarter Not Harder
1 REPLY 1
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Re: Amber light on ML 330 G3

Hello Ken,

Check the system Integrated Management Log (IML) via Start-Programs-HP System Tools-IML viewer.
If there are any underlying hardware problems you should see them here. You can generally ignore entries for network adapters going up and down but other hardware problems should be registered here.

PPM = Processor Power Module (Known in older systems as VRM -Voltage Regulator Module. This is a module which controls the voltages required for each processor).

If you find any entries in the IML please post the results here as a reply.

Regards,

Brian