HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ambient -temp Power shutdown

M.sureshkumar
Regular Advisor

Ambient -temp Power shutdown

Hi all,

I got error message i.e ambient-temp Power shutdown in my server.Actually yesterday night
server all A/c's switched off due to power problem.
Please give me correct solutions asap.

Thanks&Regards,
suresh
2 REPLIES
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

Re: Ambient -temp Power shutdown

Hi Suresh,

Can you give the forum some more information; like which server, where you got the message, does the server attempt to POST, does it boot and then shut down?
There’s your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!
SAKET_5
Honored Contributor

Re: Ambient -temp Power shutdown

Hi Suresh,

more info would make troubleshooting easier...however just a thing to be aware of is....there is a temperature threshold valure for your server, if your A/Cs were off for the night, as a consequence of which the temperature for the boxes went up then as soon as it hit the critical value, ASR (Automatic Server Recovery) option which is configured by default for the proliants would have shutdown your server.

SO, could you please take a look at the Integrated Management Log of the server, there should be an option under Start->Programs->HP System Tools->IML Viewer.

Else, you could look at C:\Compaq\Survey\survey.txt and look for ASR server shutdown error message..

hope it was of help and dont forget to assign points:)

regards,