cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another hard disk in Proliant ML370

Augusto Corcuera
Occasional Visitor

Another hard disk in Proliant ML370

I have in this server a SCSI hard disk hot swap and want to add another SCSI disk which is not hot swap, but when i connect it and boot,the system doesn´t recognize it, what must i do to see the other disk
1 REPLY
Robin_37
Trusted Contributor

Re: Another hard disk in Proliant ML370

Hi Augusto

1)Except for hot-plug drives in ProLiant ML370 servers and storage systems, you must manually set the SCSI ID on each drive to a unique value in the range of 0 to 6 for each SCSI bus. Consult the documentation that came with the drive for instructions on setting the SCSI ID.

2)If only one SCSI hard drive is used, it should be installed in the bay with the lowest number.

3)Compaq SCSI non-hot-plug cables are terminated. Be sure to remove all terminating jumpers from third-party SCSI devices.

4)SCSI hard drives on port 1 with the Integrated Dual Channel Wide Ultra 2 SCSI Controller may be either internal or external drives, but not both.

5)All drives should be Wide Ultra2 SCSI type. Mixing other drive standards degrades the overall performance of your drive subsystem.

6)Drives should be the same capacity to provide the greatest storage space efficiency when drives are grouped together into the same drive array.

7)Run the System Configuration Utility after installing a drive.