ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752794 Members
7062 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Anyone have any dealings with enabling the iSCSI acceleration on NC382i?

Cajuntank MS
Valued Contributor

Anyone have any dealings with enabling the iSCSI acceleration on NC382i?

I have posed this question somewhat over in the SAN forum, but have not gotten any responce. I just bought two DL360 G7's which have the NC382i x 2 dual port NICs. Through the HP software, you can checkmark iSCSI to enable iSCSI acceleration for connecting to iSCSI based SAN. I gave it a try and I can connect to my SAN, but when I reboot the server, the connections to my iSCSI targets are "Reconnecting" indefinitley. I can manually disconnect and connect and they will connect fine, until reboot that is, then I have to do the same thing. With that function unchecked, I don't have this issue, but I'm not taking full advantage of the NIC's capability. Anyone have any insights?
6 REPLIES 6
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hey, I had a similar problem as well but that was maybe 1.5 years ago. In RHEL we just couldn't enable the iSCSI accelerator, and the answer I got was that it was a driver issue and that it might be getting fixed...

I presume you're using Windows if you're talking about check-marks so this may not apply to you.
Cajuntank MS
Valued Contributor

Yes, I just setup a Windows 2008 R2 cluster with these two new boxes connecting them to a new P4300 G2 SAN and ran into this issue. Since they are new, I guess I'll give HP a call and see if there is anything that needs to be done differently.
Thanks for the follow-up.
Bernhard Mueller
Honored Contributor

did you check for any M$ iSCSI hotfixes?

Regards,
Bernhard
Cajuntank MS
Valued Contributor

Ok, I don't know if this is right or just so happens it works now, but if I assign the IP address to both the "Windows side" of the NIC and through the "HP NCU side" of the NIC, the targets come up connected upon reboot. I talked to two techs at HP (one from the server side and one from the SAN side) and didn't sound like either one of them knew too much about the iSCSI Acceleration particulars.
Andrew Morison
Occasional Contributor

My issue sounds similar, but different.

I turn on iSCSI Device in NCU and assign an IP address

In the MS Iscsi Intiator under Discovey,  I can assign Local Adaptor to the new Hardware one, not the MS iniator and it finds the targets.

However, if i try to connect to them at all (with every combination available) I get "Login Failed"

We don't have CHAP enabled on the Target and if I use exactly the same setup, but use the MS Software intitiator, it works first time, everytime..

I'm missing something, and there are no documents on how to complete this successfully..

Anyone out there who can help?

AndreyZ
Advisor

We bought HP DL380 G7. Windows 2008 R2, NetApp storage.

If I enable iSCSI device on internal NIC NC382i, it doesn't work as hardware initiator. NetApp software doesn't see it. If I install 2-ports NC382T card, it work fine.

I tried to change it to software initiator, but HP iSCSI driver failed. I enabled iSCSI device on the third NIC, then the second NIC works as software initiator.

It seems the latest driver (Win 2008 R2, ver 6.2.9.0) is not full supported the new hardware like as NC382i.

The iSCSI driver has bugs.