ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752591 Members
3548 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Anyone seen Proliant ML370 crashes at high CPU load?

Louis Gallo

Anyone seen Proliant ML370 crashes at high CPU load?

I have a large number of ML370-G3 servers, and several will crash at high CPU load. I can usually reproduce it with a utility like stressCPU. All diagnostics appear okay and boxes are firmwared up to current revs.

I'm a bit upset that HP Support has not been able to find the cause yet.

Any help greatly appreciated. - Lou
2 REPLIES 2
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone seen Proliant ML370 crashes at high CPU load?

what is the HP case number ..
and are all firmwares and drivers updates

and what is the OS installed

when server crashes what Normal progs are using the cpu,
and at what percent of cpu is used ,, disregard the utility I have seen some that cause the crash..

This is how we thank each other in the forum

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

Enjoy:)
Louis Gallo

Re: Anyone seen Proliant ML370 crashes at high CPU load?

Hi, the HP case of one we just opened is 4608655957. The box is firmwared and drivered to HP's current revisions.

The OS is W2K3SP2. Anything that brings the machine to high CPU use will barf the machine such as long Explorer searches, running HP Online Diags, CPU stressors. I can write scripts in VB to crash the machine so long as they stress the CPU. Even doing something like building complex indexes on a big database table in SQL Server 2005 will do it.

I have another box in my other site that is currently doing the exact same thing.

Anything that runs the CPU's over 80% for more than 30 seconds generally does it. We have isolated CPU's to no avail. The only think I have NOT done is to start swapping parts from a known god server to a known bad one.