ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748180 Members
4405 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Application share slow after transfer to Proliant ML 110 G4

Tan weng Yau

Application share slow after transfer to Proliant ML 110 G4

I have a accounting application housed at a HP Dekstop DX2100 and shared to 6 users through network with a good accessing speed. Then the application is moved to a new Proliant ML 110 server and only serving that application alone. Then the 6 users suffer significant slow accessing speed after the transfer. Please help me to justify if this problem relating to the Hardware. If it is,which upgrade need to be done to overcome this? Attach with here is the comparison of the 2 machine.
3 REPLIES 3
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

We could do with lots more information to be able to help you here...

How is the application accessed ?
Define "good accessing speed".
Define "slow accessing speed".

From what you've said, the spec. of your replacement server should be up to the job, so I'd probably start troubleshooting by focusing on the network...

Cheers,

Rob
TarunJain
Respected Contributor

Correct,
The server is not workhorse. No one should except the exceptional performance gain. As they are primarily build for reliability, speed is secondary.
Also this is entry level server.
Please check the performance using any performance counter, or any benchmarking software.
Performance Moniter is build in Windows.
You can also check the hp library & tape tool > System Performance Test to verify the system speed.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
src="/html/assets/hpe_banner_SME_signature.p ng">

Tan weng Yau

The accouting application is using SQL. When the appl install in DX2100, the respond would take 1 second, and after transfer to the Proliant, for the smae module, it would take around 10 seconds. From the Computer management console, I have notice the avg disk queue (phiysical disk) with much higher number and took longer period for the server. I have a thought to raid 0 the HDD, hope to boost the perfomance (sacrifice the stability)
Note: The network environment is the same, both of the machine accessing the same switch with 100Mps.
Any other suggestion?