ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appropriate storageworks enclosure for 1.6" U3 SCSI?

Highlighted
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Appropriate storageworks enclosure for 1.6" U3 SCSI?

Hello,

I have 2 DL360's that are running RAID 1 (each have 2 15k U3 18.6GB's). These are my company's exchange servers so we are close to running out of storage space.

I have acquired 4 176494-B21, 72.8GB 1.6" Ultra3 drives. I sort of didn't know these were 1.6" until I got them. As you could imagine, I had planned to just put them into my DL360 but my DL360 only accepts 1".

What enclosure(s) can I used to connect these 72.8GB drives as external storage to my DL360? I know that I"ll probably have to upgrade my array controller from the existing integrated smart-array to a 5i or 431, etc. I'd like to just get 1 enclosure that is dual-bus and attach each bus to each of my 2 DL360s.

Do I get the 4350R or 4354R??
1.) I was going to get a 4350 enclosure but somewhere on the compaq web site it says that controller only works with a HSG80 controller. The 4350 seems to be native compatible with 1.6" drives.
2.) Yet in one of the support PDF files, I read that 1.0" intended enclosures will work with 1.6" drives, it just won't hold as many drives since each 1.6" would take up a 2 1.0" slot. Is this true? Because the 4354R is compatible with te SmartArray.

Thanks in advance!!

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL). - Hp forum Moderator