ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752809 Members
5857 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Apps works on DL360 G4p but not on DL360 G5

Martin Nadeau

Apps works on DL360 G4p but not on DL360 G5

We have some Proliant DL360 G4p servers that are used as HMI (Humain Machine Interface). We run the Siemens WinCC 6.0 SP4 software on those servers. Recently, we bought some Proliant G5 servers and part of the application stoped working. The client can no longer open archive from the SQL Server DB (is part of the WinCC App). Both servers have the same setup (OS and App version). Detail are in the file included. We had a discussion with Siemens and are telling us that the problem is the NIC on the G5. Supposely, the problem has been solved by HP??? I have upgraded all firmware and drivers. No difference.

Have you seen this kind of problem before? What have changed in the G5 genaration that could cause this problem?

Thanks for any help

Marc-Eric
3 REPLIES 3
TY 007
Honored Contributor

Hello Marc,

>> ... Siemens and are telling us that the problem is the NIC on the G5
>> What have changed in the G5 genaration that could cause this problem?

DL360 G4:
Embedded HP NC7782 Dual Port PCI-X Gigabit Adapter

DL360 G5:
Embedded Dual NC373i Multifunction Gigabit Network Adapter

Check out on the OS & Application Network Drivers or Libraries.

Thanks
SPa
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

Do you get any errors specific to Network which raised suspection on Network.That may give a clue.Pls Post it here in case you see some error.

As such try disabling RSS to see if it helps as mentioned in below link:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;927695
Martin Nadeau

Don't have much clue either. Did not find any error yet. Siemens can't give me any detail on the case wich they had problem with the NIC.

His there some added functions to the G5 NIC that could be disabled so it would behave like the G4 NIC. I also want to buy a 3rd party NIC to narrow down the causes.