1748228 Members
4078 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Array Accelerator Battery has Failed

simonOA

Array Accelerator Battery has Failed

Hi,

We have a ProLiant ML350 G5 server and have a warning saying the Array Accelerator Battery has Failed.

The system management homepage says the Controller section is 'OK' but the accelerator section shows as temporarily disabled and error 'Cache disabled Low batteries' and battery status Failed.

I'm presuming i need to replace the battery on this one??

thanks

7 REPLIES 7
scharchouf
Trusted Contributor

we need ADU report to hep you with this issue

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Probabyl yes. Usually after several years the battery will fail. A more unlikely reason could be a bad cache module, but try to replace the battery first.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
waaronb
Respected Contributor

Ditto what others said, the battery probably does need to be replaced. For a G5, I assume that server is several years (4+?) old, and that wouldn't be unusual to see the array battery die after that long.

If you have several servers with the same array model, you might stock an extra battery or two. Around year 3 of operation, those batteries will start to fail and need replacement. It's a mostly painless procedure, but you will want to power the system off.
scharchouf
Trusted Contributor

I advise you to send us a ADU report, with it I can give you the right response about this issue
waaronb
Respected Contributor

The server I'm having this problem with (a new DL380p Gen8) got rebooted yesterday for some maintenance, and the battery warning went away. I guess I'll see what happens when it's been 24 hours since the reboot and whether the error comes back.

If it fails again I'll probably open a case to get a replacement battery pack, scheduled for when I'm next in the area where the server is kept.
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@waaronb wrote:
The server I'm having this problem with (a new DL380p Gen8) got rebooted yesterday for some maintenance, and the battery warning went away. I guess I'll see what happens when it's been 24 hours since the reboot and whether the error comes back.

If it fails again I'll probably open a case to get a replacement battery pack, scheduled for when I'm next in the area where the server is kept.

Was the error the battery had failed, or the battery charge was low? I've seen many new servers with the battery charge low message. Once the server has power the battery charges and the error goes away

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
waaronb
Respected Contributor

The error was that the charge was low. I said the server is new, but I mean relatively new. It's been in operation since November, and these messages about a low charge started showing up in late January I think.

And sure enough, about 24 hours after I rebooted the machine, the message came back about a low charge. That's too bad. I guess I'll open a ticket eventually to swap out the capacitor module.

It could be worse... of all the server errors, these aren't too bad. I'd rather have this than a server that randomly reboots for no reason without any stop error, IML entry, etc. like one of mine is doing recently. :)