1748043 Members
4799 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Array Config Utility problems

Joseph Tebben
Occasional Contributor

Array Config Utility problems

I'm trying to restore a Proliant 6400R and am having problems with the 3200 Array controller. I did a System Erase followed by the System Configuration, but the Array Config Utility(ACU) keeps giving me an error about not being able to access my the drives in the array.
On boot up the array controller appears to be running but tells me to run the ACU, but the ACU keeps telling me that the Controller doesn't have the OS drivers installed. Any ideas out there?
6 REPLIES 6
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Joseph,
Which operating system are you trying to install and which smart start CD are you using?? If you'r installing Windows 2000 that has built in drivers for SA3200. I would advise you to follow the Assisted Method of Installation if you'r using smart start CD.

Regards,

P.S: Please make sure that the System BIOS and the Firmware of the SA3200 is uptodate as well.
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

OK. Are you doing a restore, because of a problem with the machine? The array controller tells you during post to run the array config utility? Is there any other text associated with this message. It doesn't matter if this is NT4 or Win2000, both have drivers included for this controller.

What is the process being used? You ran a system erase, booted off the Smart Start CD, configured hardware, and then configured your array?
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Joseph Tebben
Occasional Contributor

Well, for starters I don't have the smartstart, so I am dealing with a pile of floppy's. The steps I took were to do the system erase, then boot into the system config and run the hardware config. Then the system runs and the array controller posts that there are 0 logical drives. Then when i attempted to run the Array Config it said it could not find any "configured logical drives". I just assumed this was the utility you used to configure your logical drives, but is there a step I'm missing here??

thanks in advance for replies....
Joseph Tebben
Occasional Contributor

oh, as a side not, I am doing the restore because I picked these up at a bankruptcy auction and they were completely wiped.
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

How are you attempting to use the array config utility? Is this something you have on a floppy?

You may be able to configure the array using SP6263:
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp6001-6500/sp6263.exe
I'm not sure if this will work with this controller. If you look at the date on this utility, you'll see it hasn't been updated in almost 5 years.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Janine Bertolo
Honored Contributor

Hi Joseph;

I've answered your question in a duplicate post - seems we're having net-lag issues these days.

You will need a SmartStart CD to configure a new array on a 3200 controller.

If you're unable to locate one, you can purchase one by subscription by calling 1-800-635-8269, option 5.

You can also order online at http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/smartstart/subscription.html

You will need SmartStart 5.50 or earlier.

Cheers,

Janine
To get results you've never had before, try something you've never tried before.