ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748040 Members
4975 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Array Configuration Utility Disks

Joseph Beard

Array Configuration Utility Disks

I inherited a couple of Proliant 1850R servers from a company that upgraded, and they wiped their hard disks, so I have no OS on the disks to use an OS based configuration of my Smart 2SL array controllers, and I can't put one on because Windows won't find any hard disks.

I'm looking for the floppys that you can boot with to configure logical drives with the Smart 2SL array controller so that I can install an OS on these servers and make them useful. I've searched and searched Compaq support, but they don't seem to offer the floppies; just the OS-based configuration utilities, although I have found (through the manual for the array controller, etc.) that floppies and a CD-ROM exist to do this outside of an OS.

Can anyone direct me to where I can download the floppy images or the CD-ROM image? I would be SOOOO appreciative!
4 REPLIES 4
Shep Johnson
Advisor

Re: Array Configuration Utility Disks

Normally this is done with the bootable "SmartStart" cd but I believe it's only available by subscription. You can, however, still download the Array Configuration Utility v1.20b which loads onto two floppy disks. It will let you configure the array and load an OS but without a SmartStart CD, you will be missing out on a lot of utilities that you really should have. I suggest you get your hands on one but here???s the # of the ACU softpack: SP6263.EXE.
Joseph Beard

I really appreciate your response! Any idea on how I could obtain a Smartstart subscription or how much it would cost? I was planning to use these servers for personal use at home for my personal dev projects, so I was hoping not to need to spend too much to do that.

I'll look into what I can find to make those floppies and use them to get these going.

Thanks again!
Netman_1
Advisor

Here you go.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/SmartStart/subscription.html

You're looking for the single purchase option (~$21).

Roy Main
Valued Contributor

Make sure that if you buy a SmartStart CD that it actually supports the server you are buying it for. You can look into this at www.hp.com/servers/smartstart.

The new SmartStart (v6.0 and greatre) only support RBSU based servers. Without trying it, I don't know how well it would work on a PL1850.