ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753989 Members
7062 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Array Configuration Utility

Nathon Dalton

Array Configuration Utility

I am unable to find the Array Configuration Utility for DOS. I do not currently have an array configured, so I cannot load an OS, in order to get the config utilities for Windows to work. I can find the system configuration utilities, but now need to setup an array and can't. Can anyone help me out?
6 REPLIES 6
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Dear Nathon,
There is no real ACU for DOS. What you can do instead is to boot off of any Smart Start cd and run the ACU.
If you do not have the Smart Start cd then please follow this link. You will need 4 floppies. The first one will be made bootable. This is for NT.
http://www5.compaq.com/support/files/server/us/download/15225.html
For Windows 2000:
http://www5.compaq.com/support/files/server/us/download/14185.html

Mark
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Shep Johnson
Advisor

Actually, there is an Array Configuration Utility for DOS. It's SP6263 and it's still on the Compaq FTP server. Don't ask me how I found it, and I doubt if I could today because of the way HP has revised many of the webpages we all knew and loved.

It's old...version 1.2b but it works. It makes two diskettes and is DOS bootable. It can also be installed to the SCU partition. The ACU on the newer Smartstart CD's are version 4.xx if memory serves so there might be issues with v1.20b but at least it's DOS bootable for people without Smartstart.
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Great to hear and thanks for the info.
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Nathon Dalton

Thanks a lot everyone. I really appreciate the help. I have finally found someone in one of our locations that has found the Smart Start CD. All of your input was very helpful.
Sharon Almog_1
Advisor

For your info, you can get this patch from the following link:

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp6001-6500/sp6263.exe

Thanks,

Sharon Almog
Leader in HP/Compaq Technologies
Sven Geschke
Frequent Advisor

Hi

This is actually for Shep Johnson:

Could you please tell me, how to install the DOS-ACU into the SystemPartition?

Rgds
Sven
***ceterum censeo redmondinium esse delendam***