ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751788 Members
5006 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Array Configuration Utlity and Windows Server 2003 (IE 6)

Adam White_4
Advisor

Array Configuration Utlity and Windows Server 2003 (IE 6)

Hi there

I have just booted up an Alteris-built Proliant BL20-p running Windows Server 2003 and when I try to run the Array Configuration Utlity the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration prevents it from running.

What is the correct way to configure Windows 2003 to allow me to run the ACU? Is it neccessary to run the ACU remotely for Win2k3 servers?

Thanks

Adam
4 REPLIES 4
Ivajlo Yanakiev
Respected Contributor

ACU use Java :))
Allow all java and java scripts also go to your browser setting and set securety to low :))
Your problem is IE not windows or ACU
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Adam:

You should not have to configure anything on Windows 2003 to run the ACU. The first time you run ACU, it should ask you if you want to set it up for local or remote access. Selecting either should let you in, but here are the differences...

If ou set it up for local access, when you browse to the web agents on the server, you will not have access to ACU form the main Management page. You have to be on the local console or a Remote Desktop session to run the ACU.

If you set it up for Remote access, you will have access via the management agents page... http://:2301

If you set it up for remote access and try to browse to it via the local IE on that server with WIndows 2003, you will probably get a security warning from IE... just add the address to the "allowed addresses" list and you should get access.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Adam White_4
Advisor

I couldn't get it to work in local based on just adding it to the allowed sites list and I don't want to change my security setting to Low across the board, and I am not sure what you mean about the Java stuff (feel free to provide more detail on specific settings if you want).

So I will just use https://server:2381 to configure these machines from now on !!

Cheers

Adam
Adam White_4
Advisor

2381 site