1752805 Members
5586 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Array Configuration

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Array Configuration

I have a SMART -2DH Array controller installed. I verify that it's there in CMOS. There are 3- 4.3GB hard drives that are set up for RAID 5. Disk Manager shows that theres 1 logical drive that has approx. 8 GB space, which indicates RAID 5 is working. I can also see the lights flashing to indicate the striping. The problem is when I run cpqacu.exe from the smartstart CD, I receive an error that says:
"The Compaq Array Configuration Utility could not detect any Controllers in the system. Possible causes for this include:
No array controllers installed, controller is not responding and may need to be replaced, the controller is improperly seated in the slot. The OS array controller driver is missing or was unable to detect any configured logical drives."
The controller is installed and properly seated. If the controller isn't responding, why is RAID 5 working? The server was built from the SMARTSTART 4.20 CD, so the driver isn't missing. If it didn't detect the configured logical drive, why not?
Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Array Configuration

Run the ACU online , not from the SmartStart CD ......