Array A: Disk 0 & Disk 3 (RAID 1)

Each disk capacity was 18 GB

This array contained Drive C:\

Array B: Disk 1 & Disk 2 (RAID 1)

Each disk capacity was 18 GB

This array contained Drive D:\ and E:\

I have replaced the all the HD from 18GB to 72 GB one by one as following:

Shutdown the system

Replace Disk 3 on Array A and recover the data from start-up menu by pressing F1.

Shutdown the system

Replace Disk 0 on Array A and recover the data from start-up menu by pressing F1.

Shutdown the system

Replace Disk 2 on Array B and recover the data from start-up menu by pressing F1.

Shutdown the system

Replace Disk 4 on Array B and recover the data from start-up menu by pressing F1.

All the process is going fine and HD and arrays are working 100% but still the Volumes has the same old size , Example still Drive C:\ is 18 GB.
(There is 50GB unallocated)
I want to know if there is any procedure to increase Drive C:\ capacity to the new HD size which is 72GB.
Please check attached JPG file for more screen shots and details.
System Configuration:

Intel P III
Smart Array 5i controller , embedded slot.
HP ML370 G2
2 REPLIES
Gary Antonio Benavides
Trusted Contributor

Re: Array Configuration

This is a normal behaivour. It happens becuase you are doing a Hardware Extension Using the Array Configuration Utility or a Hardware Utility, but the OS is not aware of that change the OS doesn't know what to do with that additional space, So in disk Manager you should have an unlocated space. You need to use a third party software like partition magic to expand this volume.
If it's not fun, you're not doing it right
Gary Antonio Benavides
Trusted Contributor

Re: Array Configuration

Check the document attached. It is related. How to expand and extend a logical drive and how it might look in disk manager
If it's not fun, you're not doing it right