1753796 Members
7114 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Array Mirroring

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Array Mirroring

I am using a DL360 with 2x9Gb drives, mirrored. One of the drives has failed and has been replaced. On reboot, I get the prompt to start an automatic rebuild, however, this never finishes and eventually fails. I have tried leaving the server at the NT Operating Systems selection screen (so that few files are in use), but this makes no difference. I have also tried another drive, but the same thing happens. Is there any way of forcing a rebuild on this drive, or is the F1 option the only choice.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Chris.
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Array Mirroring

Chris, more information is required. What error message do you get, if any, when the rebuild fails? Is all the hardware COMPAQ (verify part numbers)? What controller is the hard drive attached to and is there anything else attached to the same controller. Recommend verifying that the BOOS on server and firm ware on possible array controller is up to date. If all hardware is COMPAQ, run the Server Diagnostic Utility, using the F10 option during POST or by using the Smart Start DC. The problem may or may not be with the hard drive, but possibly a bad slot.