Go to solution

Array raid level migration with E200I

Hello all,
I'have the following configuration :
BL460 running RHEL 4
E200i fw 1.66
hpacucli 7.85
two 72GB 10K SAS drives

I have a RAID 0 logical drive with one drive.

When I try to modify this logical drive to RAID 1, with hpacucli, using the unassigned disk, I get an error.

I have tried also with SmartStart CD. I can visualize Array 1 and logical drive but I can't migrate to RAID 1.

Here is my question : is it possible to migrate from RAID 0 to RAID 1 with E200i ?

Thank you for any help
Regards.
4 REPLIES 4
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Array raid level migration with E200I

Hi!

The Smart Array E200i controller supports RAID 0 & RAID 1+0. The controller also support RAID level migration. In short the controller supports RAID 0 & RAID 1, and it support migration also. If you can see an option to migrate to RAID on the array configuration, you can rest assured that the controller supports it.

You would not see any options that the controller doesn't support. Sometimes when migrating from one RAID level to another, a warning is displayed. I am not sure what message you get, so I cannot comment on that. Let me know if that helps!

Regards!
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

Sharing the error that you get when trying to modify the logical drive would be useful ...!

It would also be useful to see what commands you're using in hpacucli...

Cheers,

Rob
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

To answer your original question, according to the Quickspecs here:

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12460_div/12460_div.HTML

then RAID migration is possible, but only if you have the Battery Backed Write Cache (BBWC) option installed.

Cheers,

Rob

Thank you all for your answers.

Regards