5738 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Assistance for a NetXen 10Gb (CX4) Ethernet Adapter Drivers for Windows 2008R2

rihatums
Occasional Contributor

Assistance for a NetXen 10Gb (CX4) Ethernet Adapter Drivers for Windows 2008R2

Hi All,

I am searching for a Network Card Driver, the nic is "NetXen 10Gb (CX4) Ethernet Protocol Offload Adapter"

I am using this adapter on a Windows 2008R2 Box - Once I installed windows - it had already installed the NIC for me so I was happy :-), Assigned it a IP (Static) and after a few hours the server itself had freezing issues and had to be hard-booted as it was completely non-responsive (we left the server for an hour) but it still was un-responsive.

all of my googling had led me to QLogic, they have the drivers but they are for Windows 2003, I read on there website that they have now given these nics to HP or something like that.

So, was wondering and will be grateful if someone over here could point me to the right direction or help me troubleshoot this, the server in question is a Dl380G7 and we want to use this card in there or if not we can use it in a Dell R710.

If someone from HP or a contributor can either point me to the right drivers for this nic or to change / disable some setting which will overcome the freezing issue - that would be highly appreciated.

I read on a forum to disable TSO (TCP Segmentation offload) but that is not an option when I right click on the already installed nic in Windows 2008R2 - it isn't available.

Any help - will be grateful

Thanks !!