1748151 Members
3723 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Atapi errors on DL580 G5

mjn
Occasional Contributor

Atapi errors on DL580 G5

I have an odd problem. I am getting a Windows event ID 9 on my DL 580 G5s. It says "The device, \Device\Ide\Port0, did not respond within the timeout period". This is the CDROM. We are getting the message on any 580 that is under load, I would say CPU 20+%. We do not get it when there is no load. There is no CD in the tray; the tray is not open. We don't see any problems except this message. There is nothing in the IML. We are at the latest System BIOS level 2008.09.01. We are running the Support Pack 8.10 and firmware 8.20. We run Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition x64.

Has anyone else seen this before?
4 REPLIES 4
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: Atapi errors on DL580 G5

chanda molinere

we are also having the same issue with that message appearing in our event logs, I have not taken notice of the CPU load when it occurs.

We are running Support Pack 8.5 and 2003 Enterprise as well
mjn
Occasional Contributor

This has been going on 2 years now. Our Bios is up-to-date. Nothing has fixed it. It happens more often on servers that are under load but it will happen on servers with nothing going on too.
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Replace the CD-ROM and see if the message goes away. I have seen flaky CD-ROMs cause this. It could also be dirty CDs causing the timeout. if the CD has finger marks on it clean it with a soft cloth. Try another CD.