4320 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Attn: HP, can USB ports be updated to USB/eSATA ports, pls

Nu IT
Contributor

Attn: HP, can USB ports be updated to USB/eSATA ports, pls

Hello HP,

On Proliant servers, would you please consider making at least the front USB ports and a couple in the back combination USB and eSATA ports, please?

A recently laptop I purchased has a combo eSATA and USB port (all in one socket) and it's fantastic! For those of us IT admins constantly moving around large amounts of data, the speed, low cost, flexibility and convenience of an eSATA is priceless.

Plus, being able to get away from having to acquire, install and update drivers for an add-in eSATA adapter card is another efficiency gained by having built-in eSATA ports.

Thanks for your consideration and for making our jobs easier, and HP equipment even more attractive.
1 REPLY 1
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: Attn: HP, can USB ports be updated to USB/eSATA ports, pls

mmm much better if you raise a complain calling HP than here I don't think too many HP people read and I know that

since engineering the people that built these server I am almost don't take a look of this very often
most people here that answer your questions are first line of support the same people that takes you calls and they work here for free
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!