cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio for ProLiant DL140?

CNVI
Occasional Contributor

Audio for ProLiant DL140?

I need to put an audio card in the PCI slot in a ProLiant DL140. CreativeLabs tells me they do not manufacture a low profile card. Will any sound card fit into this slot? Does anyone on this forum have experience with this? any advise appreciated thanks. My goal is to insert a sound card into the PCI slot on a DL140.
5 REPLIES
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Re: Audio for ProLiant DL140?

Does it have to be a SB card? If not, I am sure low profile cards are made....

here is one:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1071464&CatId=107

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
CNVI
Occasional Contributor

thanks for your fast response. it doesnt have to be SB.. this is perfect. I am assuming you have some confidence this card will fit in the DL140? =)
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

The card should fit. It is very low profile except for the back bracket which the DL140 should accomodate easily.

Not sure why you need a low profile card, the DL140 should have a full length slot available. Maybe a SB card is a bit too big, not sure though.

The only real restriction is that it is a 3.3V pci card.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
CNVI
Occasional Contributor

I didnt realize the slot was full sized. I've never seen that in a 1U form factor. thanks again for your help. I'll try the card you suggested. your prompt support appreciated.
CNVI
Occasional Contributor

Steven,

On January 10, you indicated that this sound card would work in the proliant DL140:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1071464&CatId=107

We have purchased this exact card and the Proliant DL140 will NOT power up with this card in the PCI slot.

any suggestions ??