New Discussion

Re: Auto shutdown when a processor overheats

SOLVED
Go to solution
alberpilot
Occasional Visitor

Auto shutdown when a processor overheats

Hi

Sorry for mi English. I want to configure my server DL360 with iLO to shutdown it when a processor / hard disk overheats. Have iLO options for this? I don't find it.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

I doubt if ILO has that option to configure temperature settings, infact ILO has some presets where it will shut the server down automatically when server overheats however the preset values cannot be altered
Was the post useful? Say thanks by clicking the white KUDOS Star!
Goutham Sabala
alberpilot
Occasional Visitor

Hi

Thanks Goutham_Sabala. My english isn't good and I have readyour reply and looks me a little contradictory.

"I doubt if ILO has that option to configure temperature settings" 

I undestand: " posibly don't have this option".

"infact ILO has some presets where it will shut the server down automatically when server overheats however the preset values cannot be altered"

Are you saying me that is a "default option" in this server?

Thanks!!

Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

I undestand: " posibly don't have this option" [ correct their are no options that a user can set for the server to shutdown based on the temperature ]

"infact ILO has some presets where it will shut the server down automatically when server overheats however the preset values cannot be altered"

What I meant is server itself will have temperature sensors [with a preset threshold value ] and that information is passed to ILO , understandably server will shutdown if something overheats however user cannot change the temperature thresholds.

Also FYI if you can log into ILO page and browse to System Information you will see temperature information. 

Goutham Sabala
alberpilot
Occasional Visitor

Perfect! I understand.

I am very grateful to you!

Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

Glad I could help
Goutham Sabala