ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752619 Members
4181 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Automated System Recovery and SmartArray

Mark Solomon_1

Automated System Recovery and SmartArray

In conjunction with one of my clients, we are running the first phase of a DR test which is designed to ensure that we can use Backup Exec's IDR function to restore data to a new hire/purchased server.

My client's current server is a ProLiant ML350 G2 equipped with a SmartArray 532 controller, whereas any new server is extremely unlikely to be so equipped; for the test, we are hiring an ML370 G4 complete with the SmartArray 6400 controller.

As a result, the phase II of ASR fails: and I believe I need to amend the Asr.sif to install HP's SmartArray family support as per the attached PDF.

However - and this is the problem - can I assume that all HP products use the same filename for the .inf/.cat/.sys files as I would prefer to have the asr.sif file pre-prepared on the bootable CD created by BE, as opposed to having to hand-craft the bootable CD from an ISO image with an amended ASR.SIF file depending on what server we are able to hire.

I hope that makes sense, and thanks in advance for any assistance.
2 REPLIES 2
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Re: Automated System Recovery and SmartArray

You can't assume all HP products use the same filenames for those files. The 532 and the 6400 do use the same file names for the driver files.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Mark Solomon_1

Re: Automated System Recovery and SmartArray

However, is my assumption on the need to alter the asr.sif file correct??