Did you mean: 

Automatic setup of Network Teaming?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chris the M
Occasional Contributor

Automatic setup of Network Teaming?

Hi!

I am trying to implement a streamlined installation of Windows 2003 SP1 on Proliant ML370 G4 and DL 380 G3/4.

So far everything works smoothly and Windows is installed via an image dump and an additional self-configuring run of sysprep.

After everything is ready the people still have to configure network teaming for a failover fault-tolerant setup.

My question: Is there a tool or scripting solution for automatically setting up the teaming mode? It would be great to ask for the IP via an installer-script and setting up the network on the command line.

Thank you in advance,
Chris
3 REPLIES
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

Re: Automatic setup of Network Teaming?

Maybe the "HP SmartStart Scripting Toolkit" contains anything usefull for you?
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?〈=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=437764〈=en&cc=us

Pieter
Chris the M
Occasional Contributor

Pieters answer pushed me in the right direction, thanks Pieter.

The SmartStart Scripting is not the thing I want to use, but in the Rapid Deployment Pack-Knowledgebase there was a hint towards the CQNICCMD command-line tool installed with the Network and Teaming Configuration Utility.

This seems to be exactly what I was looking for!

Here is a link to the answer in the knowledgebase:

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/rdp/knowledgebase/00000108.html

Greetings,
Christian
Connery
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Chris,
We have a "comprehensive" teaming whitepaper that includes a section on "Overview of utilities include with HP ProLiant Network Adapter Teaming" (Appendix C).

Page 82 of 88:
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/servers/networking/TeamingWP.pdf

Regards,
-sean