1753581 Members
6244 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion

B110i RAID - Ready for Recovery Warning

christoman

B110i RAID - Ready for Recovery Warning

Hi,

I was applying some updates to my ML110 G7 server yesterday, and upon reboot the B110i controller reported error code 776 and that logical drive 1 required rebuilding.  After Windows loaded (I am running Win server 2008 R2),  I went into ACU and it confirmed a warning (not a critical alert) that logical drive 1 is ready for recovery and requires rebuilding.

As some background, this logical drive is RAID 1 and is the boot drive.  I have a 2nd logical drive that is also RAID 1 and reports back fine in ACU.

It appears that the physical drives are fine from the diagnostics (I attached the report if anyone can take a look).  What would be the cause of this?  Does this mean that only one drive in the mirror is active right now?  I am a little nervous about starting the rebuild not knowing if it will succeed and potentially leaving the system unbootable.  Does anyone have experience with this and how long the rebuild might take?

Thanks - Chris

3 REPLIES 3
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: B110i RAID - Ready for Recovery Warning

Hi,

From the attached ADU report, I see that Physical Drive 2I:1:2 has Last Failure Reason Timeout (0x07).

It means that drive Timed out while testing.

I guess the drive is failing or about to fail.

Thanks.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

christoman

Thanks much.  Hard to see this amidst the overwhelming amount of data in the report.

Do you know if I replace the drive whether the rebuild happen in the background after boot or will it need to complete prior to the OS boot?

Thanks again.  - Chris

christoman

Wanted to ask this one again:  If I answer yes to rebuild on bootup, will this happen in the background and allow Windows to boot or will it block the OS until it is complete?