1752806 Members
5874 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: B110i Raid - Can i rebuild a RAID 1 array from the ACU

ViBuilt

B110i Raid - Can i rebuild a RAID 1 array from the ACU

Hi all,

Have a ML150G6 with the B110i Raid controller and standard HP 160GB SATA drives x 2

when its booting initially i get a warning an Array needs to rebuild ( i changed a failed disk ) and it wants me to press F1 to do it.

Questions

1 - does the rebuild happen in the pre boot mode so server is there not in windows and available.

2 - How long does it take if its in the preboot mode

3 - can i do it in the ACU while the Windows world is running

cheers

5 REPLIES 5
IDCKeith
Visitor

Did you ever do this? I am trying to find out the same information. I want to rebuild a customers array but the material I found says to account 15 minutes for every gigabyte of data which would have them down for almost 2 days unless it builds in the background while windows is running
IDCKeith
Visitor

Oh and just to elaborate I am aware its possible to rebuild right from the ACU in windows if you have the hot swappable licensing.

What I am wondering is if I start the rebuild from the BIOS will the server then continue to boot while rebuilding or will I simply see a progress bar and it will have to completely rebuild before booting?

clemente1981

hi!,

did you try a rebuild?

can you start system while rebuild is happening or you must wait until it has finished?

thanks for your help...

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

I haven't worked with a system using the B110i for some time now. If I recall, it rebuilds in offline mode and ACU does not recognise this controller.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Jeffrey D Chard
Frequent Advisor

Acu does recognize the raid controller, when acu is booted off line  from the smartstart disk.

Myunderstanding is that ithe rebuild can only be done offline.

I suspect that the estimated rebuild time is for raid 5, not raid 1, but i was not prepared to try. It was easier to do a backup then restore to a freshly configured raid. 

Jeffrey