108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BIG PROBLEM w/ ML370

SOLVED
Go to solution
Arthur Au
Advisor

BIG PROBLEM w/ ML370

I have a ml370 pIII 866 system. It worked fine two days ago and now all it does is turn on and the cd-rom light keeps blinking. prior to that the lcd on the system stated that the array accelerator battery was low. i dunno if that has to do anything with it not booting. i did all i can to revive this system. i unplugged/ removed unecessary items, hdds second proc, cd-rom, array controller......and i still get the green light on the mobo, powers on, does not boot(all you hear is the fan running). Then i removed the lcd. The light on the mobo stays blinking red and it does not turn on. Any suggestions?? I need to get this server up and running fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12 REPLIES 12
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello Arthur,
Is it the same ML370 where you were in the process of removing NIC teaming?? The main reason it does not boot usually is when the Riser Board is not sitting in properly. Just loosen the brace and reseat the riser board. Until unless the Riser board locks in properly your server is not going to boot. Please let me know as to how you make out.

Regards,
Arthur Au
Advisor

Sunil,
This is that same server i had problems with the teaming software. thanks for the tip but unfortunately it didn't work. The funny thing is that the server doesn't power on unless i have the lcd attached to the mobo. could the lcd be bad? i reaseated just about everything i could still no hope.
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Arthur,
Please try by bringing the server to bare minimum configuration. I mean just put the required RAM and single CPU. Remove any 3rd Party hardware if any. How about the Power Supply?? Is the PS fan spinning??

Regards,
Arthur Au
Advisor

i have tried that Sunil. It is running on redundant power supplies and all fans are spinning. could it be a problem with the lcd? whenever it is plugged in i get the server powered on but nothing on screen(the cd-rom light is flashing)however when the lcd isn't plugged in it get red flashing lights on the mobo. that could be my only guess. i'll be happy to take anymore suggestions. thanks.
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Arthur,
Have you manipulated the dip switches on the mobo?? I am not sure as to why an LCD would cause such a nightmare. Now which light on the mobo flashes red when you have the LCD unplugged??

Regards,
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Arthur,
Please also post the Serial No of your server. If you have an remote insight board please remove that as well.

Regards,
Arthur Au
Advisor

Here is what i think is my serial number Sunil, D018FD81K157
I have no Insight boards by the way. The light that flashes red is the light in between both voltage regulator modules.
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Arthur,
There are three LEDs in between the VRMs. Two are for the CPUs and one for the system power which should be either Green or Off. If any of the other lights is Red that is the indication of failed CPU. I would bring the server to single processor and try swapping the CPUs to be sure.

Regards,
Oleg Mochkin
Trusted Contributor

be careful, in most case multiprocessors OS kernel can not boot up on single CPU systems. until you replace faild CPU your system not work.