ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752617 Members
4388 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: BIOS HAS CORRUPT [hw] PMU RESOURCES....

zou15
Occasional Visitor

i am also ubuntu 14.04 lts but it giving me the error of "firmaware biu: the BIOS has corrupted hw-PMU resources (MSR 38d is 330)". What should i do? I am using HP DL120 servers

any help please?

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

The answer is in the 4th post of this thread date 03/27//2013

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Hpoley

Unfortunately, the 4th posting does NOT contain the solution to this issue. The original question was regarding a DL380 G5. I am having the same issue. This appears to be universal with newer Linux releases. If anyone has a fix, I'd love to hear it.
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@Hpoley wrote:
Unfortunately, the 4th posting does NOT contain the solution to this issue. The original question was regarding a DL380 G5. I am having the same issue. This appears to be universal with newer Linux releases. If anyone has a fix, I'd love to hear it.

Both the Customer Advisory listed in the 4th post and the Red Hat bugzilla that is referenced from within the advisory list the resolution

Either ignore the message as it has no impact on the server or OS performance or turn off the performance counters in the BIOS.

Maddas69
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same problem after firmware update.

The message does not prevent the server from booting, but the local console connection goes "black" when the Linux part of the boot sequence starts. It still boots and can be managed through ILO, but the local console remains unusable.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@Maddas69 wrote:

The message does not prevent the server from booting, but the local console connection goes "black" when the Linux part of the boot sequence starts. It still boots and can be managed through ILO, but the local console remains unusable.

Not sure what is casuing your issue, but it is not 'BIOS HAS CORRUPT [hw] PMU RESOURCES....'  This error is Linux wanting to use a performance counter that the ProLiant BIOS is already using.

What model server are you working with and what ROM firmware did you install?  Try adding 'nomodeset' to your boot options

Haman_Oleh
Frequent Visitor

@Jimmy Vance wrote:

@Maddas69 wrote:

Not sure what is casuing your issue, but it is not 'BIOS HAS CORRUPT [hw] PMU RESOURCES....'  This error is Linux wanting to use a performance counter that the ProLiant BIOS is already using.

What model server are you working with and what ROM firmware did you install?  Try adding 'nomodeset' to your boot options

I have same problem  whith installing ProxMox 4.3 to HP ProLiant D360 G7 , I am alredy Disabled

Processor Power Monitoring 

but that is not solution ( I steel coud not use Remoute Console in ILO3, it show black screen. That is video of booting http://screencast.com/t/cYvBo6TeVrE

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Regarding

The BIOS has Corrupted hw-PMU Resources (MSR 38d is 330)

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c03265132

Did you google

"Error: Driver 'pcspkr' is already registered, aborting"?

There are some possible solutions.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Haman_Oleh
Frequent Visitor

No i didnt, but i will try, I thought that the first message is the main trouble )

Haman_Oleh
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, after doing /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist: blacklist pcspkr that the error is gone

But now i have black screen in remoute console iLO3 but all ok on monitor screen or i got this error http://screencast.com/t/lxnCdsb5gE

Somebody know why? Sorry if this is offtop.