3679 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BL 45p Server - Post Error

Navaneeda Kumar
Frequent Advisor

BL 45p Server - Post Error

Hi,
I have installed a Bl45P Server.Working fine. Now i am getting error message in my Insight Manager- Post error. I have restarted the server and i have not found any post errors in the server. I have downloaded the latest bios from the Hp website and installed latest Rom in BL45p. i kept the server under observation.
Is this will resolve my issue.Alos attached the log files for the insight manager.

Thanks,
4 REPLIES 4
raadek
Honored Contributor

Make sure ALL possible firmwares are up to date i.e. blades, iLOs, enclosures, switches, etc. Also update the iLO OS-specific agent running on the blade.

Rgds.
Don't panic! [THGTTG]
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

This error message refer to any kind of messages logged at post but can be ignored.
I would suggest you restart the server and watch the post for the server, for any error messages.

Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

I would double-check the IML (Integrated Management Log) to see if any errors are being reported. The Proliant Blades are pretty good aboutlogging POST errors. If no errors are found in the IML then I would agree you can safely ignore the SNMP trap.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

date is 04/30/2006 05:27:00 AM
all probably market as repaired ?

is PSP was installed at that date ? 04/30/2006

with Blades sometimes you can see messages for POST errors, where none at the actual POST
for all cashed errors, clear NVRAM from bios, and mark as repaired

IML in ilO is a second source to verify