HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BL 460 G6 server raid rebuilding taking 12 hrs

dan thomas_1
Occasional Contributor

BL 460 G6 server raid rebuilding taking 12 hrs

We have a balde 460 G6 server which is configured with raid 0+1 and install the os working fine. i removed a hdd and put a new one for rebuilding it is taking 12 hrs to do so.
i checked and found there is no cache module and battery also.is this is the cause.

1) if i add a new cache memory with battery will it affect any thing in my server .
2) if i remove a hdd from cache memory and battery installed , and moved to other server without battery will it show any error while booting from the hdd .
2 REPLIES
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: BL 460 G6 server raid rebuilding taking 12 hrs

How big are the LUNs? Even with BBWC can take long time. Average time is 15minutes per GB.

> 1) if i add a new cache memory with battery will it affect any thing in my server

You have to power off to add the cache memory and battery. You need to configure the cache and assign some of it for read and some for write, usually you do 50% each.

> 2) if i remove...
You have to power off to remove. The second server will run but it will run sloer without the BBWC.
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: BL 460 G6 server raid rebuilding taking 12 hrs

Best thing to do right now is to allow the rebuild to complete. Do not iterrupt anything.right